“We see America as the greatest force for good in this world. Our opponent though, is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country.”
-Sarah Palin speaks about Senator Barack Obama at a Colorado fundraiser (CNN)
Gosh dern it, Palin, you can sure bet yer adorable face I don’t like them terrorists. I just can’t stand their anti-American, Joe-six-pack hatin’, scare-you-into-things-you-don’t-wanna-do idealisms.
With the presidential debate closing in and a gap in the polls with the GOP on the losing side, we can all understand their outreached cry for votes, but do we really want to see a repeat of the current administration’s willingness to terrorize the American people into a vote they wouldn’t cast?
As quick reference, here’s a definition of terrorism from Merriam-Webster:
“The systematic use of terror (inspiring fear) especially as a means of coercion.”
If Barack Obama isn’t “palling around with terrorists,” then I would like to point out that Palin is systematically inspiring fear into people to gain their vote. This would fit the definition of terrorism and actively put Sarah Palin into the category of “terrorist.”
So, lets take a peak at the facts. The following information was pulled from a CNN Political Ticker.
- Palin cited, in two of her recent speeches, a front-page article in The New York Times that detailed the “working relationship” between Obama and Ayers.
- Ayers was a founding member of a “domestic terrorist group” that carried out bombings of federal buildings in protest against the Vietnam War. These bombings included including the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol. This group is now defunct.
- FBI misconduct in gathering evidence against them caused all charges brought against them to be dropped.
- Ayers, 63, is an education professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Obama’s Chicago home is in the same neighborhood where Ayers lives.
- Beginning in 1995, Ayers and Obama worked with the non-profit “Chicago Annenberg Challenge to raise $50 million” in grants to improve public education.
- From 1999 through 2001 both were board members on the Woods Fund, a charitable foundation that gave money to various causes.
CNN’s review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved. If working for non-profits and charities to raise money for education and various causes is terrorist activities, then Palin is sadly mistaken.
Furthermore, the two have not spoken by phone or exchanged e-mail messages since Obama came to the U.S. Senate in 2005 and last met more than a year ago when they encountered each other on the street in their Hyde Park neighborhood.
False. There is no indication that Ayers and Obama are now “palling around,” or that they have had an ongoing relationship in the past three years. Also, there is nothing to suggest that Ayers is now involved in terrorist activity or that other Obama associates are.
There you have it folks, Palin is a terrorist. That means that not only does John McCain pal open to palling around with terrorists, but he’s comfortable enough to put one on his GOP ticket. The only thing she can do to remove herself from the claim of being a terrorist is to swear under oath that she didn’t understand what she was talking about. Of course, everybody knows that she really doesn’t, but it would be good just for the record.
Also, on a side note, have you ever noticed how McCain/Palin signs always have Palin’s name completely capitalized?